Kasparov – Topalov (1999)

Published on Wednesday, March 4, 2015 in |

The game between Garry Kasparov (2812) and Veselin Topalov (2700) in the fourth round of the 1999 edition of the Hoogovens tournament in Wijk aan Zee is called Kaparov’s Immortal. The most noteworthy move of this game is the rook sacrifice on the 24th move. It is nice to replay the game and try to evaluate this position for yourself.
An annotated version of this game by Kasparov himself can be found here. More chess lessons? An overview of the chess lessons can be found by means of the top navigation.

Original 2 Responses on CTL to “Kasparov – Topalov (1999)”

  1. Romano
    July 8th, 2009 at 10:30 am
    Please, how I can make put a Java board (and the moves of my games) like yours in my own blog?
    Thanks a lot!
  2. Chess Teacher
    July 8th, 2009 at 5:58 pm
    I don’t use Java, but JavaScript by means of my own WordPress plugin, based on palview, under development. As you can see in the Knight forkFExercises I also use a chess widget, that is free to download and is far more appealing, but which I consider less usefull for the chess lessons.
    In addition to this possibility I have seen that the site Chess Publishing gives a nice overview with examples of alternatives to publish chess games on a blogsite.

0 reactions:

Latest posts